Hello all, I know it’s just under a month since my last post. I spent a few of those weeks under the weather (allergies turned sinus/upper respiratory stuff). But I still have books and I’m here to share them.
So let’s take a look at what’s on my pile. (I’ve also added a few not pictured.)
I finished Carrie Fisher’s Shockaholic. I enjoyed it. I need to get my hands on her other autobiographies.
I also finished Cavemice: Don’t Wake the Dinosaur! by Geronimo Stilton. (Cute book and series for kids, loved that certain words were colored and different sizes. Seems like it would be a great book for reading out loud.)
Next is Mr. Churchill’s Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal, I didn’t finish it, but I saw it as a daily deal in my ebook alerts one day, so I purchased it and will come back to it some day.
Now on to everything else!
- Judgmental Maps by Trent Gillaspie (looked fun and not pictured)
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio (wanted to read for a while, finally borrowed it)
- The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories by Dr. Seuss (saw this returned at the library after Dr. Seuss’s birthday. I had never seen it before so I checked it out)
- A Silent Voice by Yoshitoki Oima (trying to be more diverse, one of the characters in this manga/graphic novel is deaf and bullied.)
- Nancy Drew: The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene (Would you believe I’ve never read a Nancy Drew story? I’m fixing that).
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne (It sounded interesting when I read the back cover)
- The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu by Joshua Hammer (Again sounded interesting)
- Echoes of Sherlock Holmes by Various (Had this one out for a while, still need to finish it)
- Guardians of the Galaxy by Brian Michael Bendis et. al. (Gearing up for the new movie to come out.)
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (I started it, but I can’t get into it. Yet I keep hearing rave reviews for it. Does it get better? This one I’ll have to end up re-getting out because there are holds on it.)
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany & Jack Thorne idea by J.K Rowling (I know I need to purchase this because I have all the other Harry Potter books, but it was sitting there waiting to be shelved so it ended up coming home with me.)
- The Daily Show: Oral History (I’m not reading it yet, my parents are)
- A cookbook based on foods of the farmers market, its in the kitchen right now, I’ll get the name of it for my next post.
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- Star Wars: Before the Awakening by Greg Rucka
- It Ain’t So Awful Falafel by Firoozeh Dumas
So that’s my pile. It keeps growing. I have a bunch of books due on Monday, but I’ll probably end up renewing most. I will get these read. I just need to stop taking more out.
That’s what I’m tackling right now. What are you reading?
PS- This past week was National Library Week, so do me a favor go out and support your library!