Fair warning, you may end up with three posts from me today, unless I get lazy.
But to start off my friend Jenny, from college has a blog. And her latest blog post had a Get to You Know Me/You post. I told her I’d happily answer the questions on my blog, just because I seem to be a sucker for internet memes. So here it goes:
Rules: The rules state that first I have to list 11 random things about myself and then answer 11 questions that Jenny asked and then list 11 questions to ask 11 other bloggers/anyone who wants to answer/suckers for memes etc.
11 Random Facts about me
- I love books. I may even consider myself a book hoarder.
- I love to travel. It pains me that this year, I probably will only be visiting Canada as my only out of country visit.
- I LOVE riding roller coasters and going to amusement parks. So much in fact, that I’m going on trips based on coasters and parks. (which also means I’m saving up money for a big international coaster trip in 2013)
- I like to think I’m crafty, but I’m not. I have so many craft items that are just collecting dust because I don’t know what to do with them.
- Did you know coming up with 11 random things, that people don’t know about you is kind of hard?
- I played the flute and violin throughout my school years. Not going to lie. I miss it a lot.
- I have made trips to the UK to see entertainer John Barrowman, yes it maybe crazy, but I’ve made some great friends from it.
- I’m an only child.
- I have a cousin who plays guitar and keyboards for a sort of famous group. (Depends on your type of music, but the bands been on some top 40 charts and been on TV recently).
- I watch Kids TV. I guess in my defense, I’ve been watching Blues Clues and Team Umizoomi just to see how they work, as an Instructional Designer, I work with Adult learning theories, and for some reason, I’m interested and seeing how some of those theories can be applied to kids shows.
- I have anxiety. I try not to let it control me. Most days are pretty good, a couple nights are not so hot. But I don’t hide the fact that I have this. It’s nothing to be ashamed of.
Yes, I know really 10 facts but it’s a lot harder than it looks.
Here are the questions from Jenny:
1. If you had to live out the rest of your life as an animal other than a human, which animal would you choose and why?
I don’t know what I’d choose, but I’d want to be stealth, and not die easily. Bats are cool, so are dogs or cats, giraffes (just because I’d like to see what it’s like to be tall). See there are so many choices. I’d probably like to change it up every so often. No mention of having to be ONE animal for the rest of my life, I’d be many animals.
2. If you were appointed head chef of a restaurant at this very moment, what would your signature dish be?
Here’s a list of menus for take out. Have fun. I did make crock pot lasagna once though. That was OK.
3. Despite whether you actually own the items or not, describe your perfect weekend outfit.
Jeans that fit, sneakers, and some sort of top. Depending if I was going out, I’d make that some sort of cute top, and nicer shoes.
4. What would you rather be doing right now?
Eating lunch, or something. Not sure. There are other things I’d like to do but I can’t mention that here (and get your mind out of the gutter).
5. Given a free ticket to anywhere, where would you go and why?
Can it be a multi-stop trip? I’d head to Australia/New Zealand, and then hit up parts of Asia. (And by hit up I mean visit for you crazy people that believe hit up means doing something bad to a country)
6. Without thinking about it, what song comes to mind?
LMFAO’s Party Rock Anthem
7. What are you irrationally afraid of?
Not too sure. I tend not to think about those things until the need arises to be afraid.
8. What are you most proud of having done?
Not sure. Easy answer would be getting my masters degree, but I don’t know anymore because it seems like that little piece of paper means I’m overqualified for things these days.
9. What’s the meaning behind your name?
Name- As in Nicole, or usernames? A quick Google Search shows the name Nicole means People of Victory and is Greek in origin, and there are 50 variants of the name. Usernames: nlforst, first initial, middle initial, and last name, other usernames are names I’ve had throughout the years, but don’t want to get rid of.
10. Why is a raven like a writing desk?
No clue, but I like Ravens and I like writing, and I like Edgar Allan Poe.
11. Which of your senses is strongest?
Taste or hearing.
11 Questions for you to answer
- If you like amusement parks, favorite park and why? (ie is it for the atmosphere a la disney, or thrills like Cedar Point, etc)
- What is your favorite meal to eat out?
- What is your favorite food to cook?
- Do you watch the news? Local or National
- What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
- What is the last movie seen in a theater?
- How full is your DVR?
- Are you organized or messy?
- Early Riser or Late owl?
- Do you hold grudges, or do you let things go?
- Tell me anything, I don’t know 11 questions is hard!