Nothing fancy except to say it’s been a crap year, honestly the whole decade was a bit of a shit show but onwards to 2020.
Let’s look back at 2019:
- Started off the year bowling with co-workers from the gym
- 12 years since my friend from college passed away
- Root canal #1
- The first in a series of vet visits for our pup 😦
- Visited former boss at the gym she was working at before she got promoted again (she kicked all sorts of professional ass this year)
- Visited Elmwood Park Zoo, and it was warm enough for the giraffes!
- Root canal #2
- Piper had started hydrotherapy
- Saw Captain Marvel
- April the Giraffe had Azizi
- Sharon Springs trip for baby goat tour
- Saw the movie The Public
- The Great Philadelphia Comic Con (Photo ops with Alice Cooper, Michael Dorn, and Noel MacNeal)
- Bowling with co-workers
- 16th birthday of a friend(s)/co-workers at The Carousel
- Seeing the news that Notre Dame was on fire
- Roller coaster trip with Gary and Wes (2 new states for me Texas and Arkansas), and ended up with 31 new roller coasters and passed my 350th different coaster on this trip. (Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Sea World San Antonio, Fair in San Antonio, ZDT, Alleycats, Yesterland Farm, Six Flags Over Texas, Magic Springs), also got to see some culture via the Riverwalk and the outside of The Alamo in San Antonio, and Downtown Little Rock with Little Rock Central School and the William Clinton Presidential Library. Also experienced Buc-ee’s.
- Random guy *riding* through my town on a horse
- Dutch Wonderland
- Saw Avengers: Endgame in the theater
- Free comic book day
- Colorado for Memorial Day weekend (Lakeside amusement park, Elitch Gardens are my new amusement parks, and met up with a friend for the day. Drove to Colorado Springs to see Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, in love with all their giraffes, and had a panic attack on the ski lift type ride. Wanted to see the views. It was gorgeous by the way.
- Pittsburgh to meet up with friends, and then head to CEDAR POINT for the Run, Ride & Race
- New office space at work
- Wizard World Philly (Kato Kaelin being insane and photo op with Mechad Brooks and Jeremy Jordan)- FYI, Jeremy Jordan out of all the cons I’ve been to over the past decade was the most disappointing person to me. He looked miserable the entire time, and the whole I’m tired b/c we have a newborn just doesn’t cut it. You are an actor, act happy, I’m pretty certain you got paid enough to be there to not complain.
- Animal Adventure Park on World Giraffe Day
- Hugh Jackman in concert
- Piper got an outdoor bath
- Saw Spider-Man: Far from Home
- More dental work, lots more
- Insane flash flooding that caused lots of damage in the area
- Animal Adventure Park x2
- Sharon Springs Summer Garden tour
- Lily Park, mini golf and lots of ice cream
- Queen + Adam Lambert in concert
- Sunflower field
- Piper had turned 17
- Became obsessed with a TV show Expedition Unknown
- Keystone Comic con (Photo Op: Tom Holland) better the second year but still has a ways to go
- 2 years since Frankie passed away
- Labor Day weekend trip to Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh Zoo and Coasting for Kids are the main highlights) 1 new coaster at Kennywood, and a pit stop at Idlewild yielded another new coaster.
- Flight 93 memorial
- Chile Pepper Festival in Bowers, PA
- New laptop
- New iPad
- Animal Adventure Park, where an animal had just given birth
- “10th” annual Harvest Fest. (It was really the 11th actual fest, but 10th year since the first Harvest Fest was in 2009 on the TV Show Fabulous Beekman Boys.
- Hamilton in Philly!
- 37th birthday
- First international trip in a while to Canada to visit my friend. (Completed my first haunt activity at Casa Loma, saw her horse Strider, and visited Canada’s Wonderland where I got two new coasters.)
- Pit stop at Darien Lake on the way home and got 1 new roller coaster
- Hugh Jackman with Keala Settle
- New York Comic Con!
- NYPL (saw the original stuffed animals for Winnie the Pooh), Grand Central Station
- Photo ops (Christopher Eccleston, Pee-Wee Herman, Clare Kramer, Tom Hiddleston, Angel Cast, met Burn Gorman)
- Panels: Star Talk, Adam Savage, Angel, and The Orville
Haunted tour Fort Mifflin
- Josh Gates Live!
- Bowling for co-workers 21st birthday
- The Hooters Concert (minus the drunk idiot I had to report)
- Author meet: Bill Haley, Jr.
- Watching The Mandalorian and a new favorite meme and character
- Target gift card fiasco
- After another big medical scare we had to put dear sweet Piper down. It still hurts and will hurt for a long while. Also put a damper on the holidays.
- Holiday party at work at The Carousel
- Saw Rise of Skywalker (it was good, could have been better, and could have been worse)
- Christmas Eve dinner with Family at The Capital Grille
- Wild Lights at Elmwood Park Zoo.
Visited 2 new states, and ended up riding 45 new coasters.
State count is 33/50 (34 if you count a small layover where I didn’t leave the airport)
Roller Coaster count: 381 coasters
Got to see a bunch of friends I hadn’t seen in a while.
There were some good things and some bad, but really the year felt draining.